Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Princess Maxima’s Wedding Dress

This is a new section in the blog. I did not think of this first, I wanted something on Wednesday and Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor (as well as big fan!)

Maxima & Willem-Alexander

Maxima Zorreguieta and HRH The Prince of Orange

February 2, 2002

Front

The dress was created by Valentino. Now that I look at the dress even more this is in my Top 10’s.

Side

The dress was made of ivory Mikado silk. The Dress had a lot of movement, it looked very soft. Maxima traveled in two different vehicles (a car and a carriage) to be moved to two different venues (a civic & religious ceremonies) and yet, I looked the same.

Train

The Dress has a 5 meter train with lace. The tiara supported a veil of silk tulle decorated with floral motifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment